Mandarin cottage waffles are a delightful treat for the whole family. This recipe yields 4 servings, which could be enough for 4 people or just two. It contains a lot marmalade and mandarin orange pieces. It is quite a healthy choice when it comes to someone’s love for waffles. According to our calculations, there are about 240 calories per serving. You might be surprised how this one will turn out. As with all waffles, you can add your own items such as nuts, soft serve or just cream. It is a versatile recipe that can be modified according to your taste and preferences.
Mandarin Cottage Waffles Recipe:
- Throughly mix cottage cheese and orange rind and allow to reach room temperature.
- Combine 3/4 cup orange juice and marmalade in a saucepan.
- Heat until marmalade is melted.
- Mix 1/4 cup orange juice and cornstarch.
- Stir into the hot orange mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Add mandarin orange sections and heat.
- Prepare waffle quarters according to the package directions.
- On each quarter, spread 1/4 cup cottage cheese mixture.
- Top with orange sauce and 4 mandarin orange sections.
- Makes 4 servings.
List of ingredients required:
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese.
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind.
- 1 cup orange juice.
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade.
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch.
- 16 canned, drained mandarin orange sections.
- 4 frozen waffle quarters.