Deviled Chicken Recipe:
- Season 3 small broilers with salt and brush them with butter.
- Put them in a pan in a hot oven (400°F to 425ºF).
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or just enough to make the flesh firm and give the skin a slight golden color.
- Make a diable mixture: cream 1/2 cup butter with 1 tablespoon English mustard and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix it with 3 cups fine fresh bread crumbs.
- Remove the chicken from the oven.
- Take out the bones that can be easily withdrawn.
- Spread the chicken with a layer of the diable mixture.
- The chicken may be set aside until 1/2 hour before serving time.
- Finish the cooking over a charcoal fire outdoors.
- Grill the broilers slowly for 20 to 25 minutes, until they are just cooked , but not charred and dry.
- Serve hot or cool, but not chilled.
List of ingredients required:
- 3 Small broilers.
- 1 Tablespoon English Mustard.
- Few drops of Worcestershire sauce.
- 3 Cups fine bread crumbs.