These curried eggs can be spiced according to the cook’s taste. If you cannot handle spicy foods, you can use a mild curry powder and the same is also true for the spicy food lovers. Curried eggs are a great snack or perhaps even as a lunch. It does not take a lot of time to prepare and it is very easy to make. You do not have to be a chef to actually get behind your stove and start creating a dish. Price wise, this recipe is relatively cheap to make because most of these items are normally already on your shopping list.
Curried Eggs Recipe:
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add flour and curry powder, mix well.
- Pour in the milk all at once and immediately stir vigorously over moderate heat.
- Continue to cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt.
- Add cottage cheese and stir constantly until curds disappear.
- Fold in the eggs carefully.
- Continue to cook, stirring gently and frequently until hot.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with parsley or paprika.
- Makes 4 servings.
List of ingredients required:
- 4 tablespoons butter.
- 4 tablespoons flour.
- 1 teaspoon curry powder.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered.
- 2 1/2 cups hot, cooked rice.