Creole chipped beef is not just a simple recipe to make but it is also low in calories. This particular recipe is not like the others because you actually create a whole dinner from this. You can expect 4 servings but it might it might differ depending on how big your serving is. Please not that you do not have to use skim milk if you prefer full cream.
Creole Chipped Beef Recipe:
- Combine green pepper, onion and tomato juice in a small saucepan.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until tender.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another saucepan, mix flour with enough skim milk to make a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining milk, all at once, and stir vigorously over moderate heat until thickened.
- Set aside.
- Add pepper and chili sauce.
- Gradually stir in cooked tomato-vegetable mixture and dried beef.
- Mix well.
- Place over low heat, stirring occasionally until heated.
- Serve over rice.
List of ingredients required:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped green pepper.
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) finely chopped onion.
- 1/2 (125 ml) cup tomato juice.
- 5 tablespoons (75 ml) flour.
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) skim milk.
- Few grains pepper.
- one 5-oz (155 g) jar chipped beef, cut into small pieces.
- 1 2/3 cups (410 ml) hot cooked rice.