This Chicken Asparagus Casserole is a delicious meal that can even be made ahead of time. The asparagus has to be cooked, and you can use roasted chicken or turkey for this recipe. You do not need a lot of time to make this one and casseroles are perfect if you want to toss in a few pieces of leftover meat.
Chicken Asparagus Casserole Recipe
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in flour.
- Mix all at once.
- Immediately stir vigorously over moderate heat.
- Continue to cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add 2 tbsp. of the grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Lay asparagus om two rows in 12x8x2 inch casserole, placing tips touching 8 inches side and stalks toward the center.
- Place sliced chicken across the center of the casserole, covering the ends with asparagus spears.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and asparagus.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Broil 2 inches below heat until sauce is bubbling and golden brown.
List of ingredients required:
- 3 tbsp. butter.
- 3 tbsp. flour.
- 1 cup Half and half.
- 1 1/2 cups Milk.
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Few grains pepper.
- 16 cooked asparagus spears.
- 6 slices roasted chicken or turkey.