This Cheesy Tuna and Rice Bake is one of those simple dinner recipes that are sure to please. It is easy to make and endlessly tasty.
- 250 ml (1 cup) Rice
- 1 Red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tins tuna in oil
- 500 ml (16.90 fl.oz) water
- 1 Chicken and Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 15 ml (1 Tablespoon) Finely chopped chives
125 ml (1/2 cup) grated Cheddar cheese
- Cook rice as per packet instructions and drain well.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356ºF) and grease an oven proof dish.
- Sauté the onion in a little of the tuna oil.
- Add the flaked tuna to the onion and mix together.
- Place water and Chicken & Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce sachet contents into a pot and
- bring to the boil, stirring frequently.
- Add the tuna mixture and mix together well.
- Spoon half the rice into the dish and top with half the tuna mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle chives and cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 mins until browned.