Beef Stroganov is a Russian dish of sautéed pieces of beef served in a sauce with sour cream. Since it was created in mid-19th-century Russia, it has become a very popular dish around the world and there are numerous variations of the recipe out there. It is a family favorite that could be prepared relatively quickly and it tastes great. You will want to make beef stroganov with a tender cut of beef. For a quick version you can use ground beef instead of beef strips. If you do not like mushrooms, you can leave it out entirely entirely.
Beef Stroganov Recipe:
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter.
- Add onion.
- Cook and stir until the onion is golden.
- Add beef strips sprinkled with salt.
- Brown over high heat on both sides.
- Remove the meat.
- Reduce the heat.
- Melt the remaining butter.
- Add and cook the mushroom slices, turning frequently.
- Season the mushroom slices with nutmeg.
- Return the beef strips.
- Blend the liquid gravy seasoning in sour cream.
- Stir in, heat through.
List of ingredients required:
- 4 tbsp. butter.
- 1 1/2tsp. minced onion.
- 2 lbs. fillet of beef, cut in thin 1/4 x 1/4 x 2 inch strips.
- 3/4 tsp. salt.
- 2 1/2 cups thin mushroom slices.
- Dash ground nutmeg.
- 3/4 tsp. liquid brown gravy seasoning (your preference).
- 1 cup Sour Cream.