Beef Burgers with Mozzarella cheese Recipe:
1. Drain and soak the anchovies in the milk for about 20minutes
2. Cut the meat into tiny cubes and trim any excess fat off the meat (the meat can be chopped or minced)
3. Place the chopped pieces into a bowl
4. Melt the margarine in a small pan and fry the onion for about 10 minutes until it is very soft and lightly colored.
5. Add the Parmesan, parsley, herbs, salt and pepper to the bowl of meat.
6. Mix thoroughly with your hands and bind the mixture with the beaten egg.
7. Divide the mixture into equal portions and using your hands, make them into round shapes.
8. Place 4 of the portions on a board
9. Slice the Mozzarella cheese
10.Drain the anchovies and pat them dry using kitchen paper. Then roughly chop them
11.Place the mozzarella cheese and the anchovies on top of the 4 portions on the board
12.Top the above portions with the remaining 4 portions of meat.
13.Form the portions into burger shapes and ensure that the halves of each burger are pressed well together so that the stuffing does not come out.
14.Pour enough oil into a large frying pan just to cover the base.
15.Heat the oil until it is very hot and fry the burgers for at least 3minutes on each side until it is well seared.
16.Lower the heat and continue frying the burgers until they are well cooked.
17.Lift the burgers out and drain them.
18.Serve with a salad, potatoes or fresh bread
List of Ingredients required:
8 oz(225g) beef steak
8 oz(225g) chuck steak
8 tinned anchovies
A little milk
1 oz(25g) margarine
Half small onion, peeled and grated
1-2 oz(25-50g) freshly grated parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons of chopped parsley
1 tablespoon of dried mixed herbs
Salt and black pepper, freshly ground
Half an egg, beaten
4-6 oz(115-175g)Mozzarella cheese