Baked Pumpkin Recipe:
- Cut 2 pounds pumpkin into serving pieces.
- Peel the wedges.
- Discard the seeds and fibers.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Add 1/4 cup each of brown sugar and chopped, preserved ginger.
- Score the pumpkin wedges with a sharp knife.
- Spread them with the butter-sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle them lightly with salt.
- Bake the pumpkin in a moderate oven (350ºF) in 1/2 inch water on a shallow baking pan for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until it’s tender.
- Baste the wedges frequently with melted butter.
- Serve with any side you want.
List of ingredients required:
- 2 pounds pumpkin.
- 1/2 cup butter.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup chopped, preserved ginger.