The appetizer cheese cake is just a small 8″ cheese cake that is fitting for a small appetizer. If you plan on a fancy dinner with a lot of delicacies, this might do the trick. This appetizer cheese cake might make your guests a little green with envy as well.
Appetizer Cheese Cake Recipe:
- Line deep 8″ round or square pan with waxed paper, leaving good margins at sides to fold over finished cake.
- Brush bottom and sides with melted butter, and line pan with part of of the crushed crackers, making a layer about 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix remaining ingredients except the crackers and add to sour cream.
- Sir the sour cream mixture about 1/2″ thick over crushed cracker lining.
- Fill pan with alternate layers of sour cream and crushed crackers, ending with a layer of cracker.
- Fold sides of waxed paper over cake.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- Turn out on serving plate.
- Peel the waxed paper off.
- Cut in small wedges or “fingers” to serve.
- Yields one 8″ cake.
List of ingredients required:
- 2 cups finely crushed cheese crackers.
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, stuffed green olives.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 1 small onion, minced.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
- Dash of Tabasco.
- 2 cups sour cream.