Almond Pastry Recipe:
- Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a bowl.
- Mix in the ground almonds.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add the vanilla and the beaten egg.
- Mix together with a round-bladed knife to form a dough.
- Turn on to a lightly floured surface.
- Knead for a few seconds until smooth.
- Wrap pastry in clingfilm and chill for 30 to 40 minutes until firm, before using.
List of ingredients required:
- 150 g (5 oz) plain flour.
- Pinch of salt.
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz) caster sugar.
- 50 g (2 oz) ground almonds.
- 90 g (3 1/2 oz) butter, cubed.
- Few drops of vanilla essence.
- 1 medium-sized egg, beaten.